Event Forum
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
AltheaToldMe

Reply with quote  #1 
Due to other obligations, we won't be arriving to the festival grounds until Friday morning, probably sometime between 7 and 10 am. I know the campgrounds open at 8am on Thursday, so I'm expecting things will be pretty full by the time we get there 24 hours later.

Any tips or advice on what to expect? Will there still be plenty of room for us to find a spot for our tent (I read something about a baseball field?)? Or are we going to be walking around asking people if we can squeeze in their area? What is the loading/unloading situation like (we don't have a campground parking pass)?

This is our first time attending the festival and visiting Telluride as well. No doubt we're going to have a blast, but any other tips/advice you have for a couple of first timers are also welcome! 

Thanks! Can't wait for next weekend!

SBG_Productions

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi there,

We're excited to welcome you to Telluride for the festival! You are sure to have an amazing weekend!

As you mentioned, the later you arrive the fewer choices you will have for a campsite; however, there is room for everybody. Festival camping is a social experience and much tighter than a wilderness camping experience. We don't oversell and you will definitely find a spot.

When you arrive, you will have a 30 minute grace period to drive into the festival and unload your equipment. Finding a campsite will be up to you and if you are unable to find a spot, our campground host will be happy to help you out. We suggest to set your tent and drop everything you'll need for the weekend before making your way to the box office to get your festival wristbands. When you drive out of the campground to park your car, volunteers and staff will be on-site to direct you to the nearest available parking for the weekend. Once you park your car, you can walk (everything in Telluride is within walking distance) or take the free town shuttle (Galloping Goose) back to the park.

Hope that helps and if you have any questions, please feel free to call our offices at 970-728-8037. Thanks!

Cheers,
Festival Staff
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.